- - A symbol of rebirth, is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- - The most valuable type of beryl, Emeraldis colored by traces of chromium and vanadium.
- - A surprising variety of virtues have been ascribed to the Emerald. Among these, Emerald was thought to improve its owner’s memory and eloquence, and was also said to quicken intelligence.
- - The word Emerald is derived from the word smaragdus, meaning green in Greek, and was mined in Egypt as early as 330 B.C.
- - Currently, most of the world's Emeralds are mined in Colombia, Brazil, Afghanistan and Zambia.